At St. Pius X, we meet our students where they are and grow them into who God calls them to be. From the moment a student steps onto campus, they are surrounded by a family of peers, educators, spiritual mentors, and coaches ready to walk alongside them during this formative life chapter and beyond. Our talented and diverse family has grown over the course of six decades, with 1,100 current students and more than 12,000 alumni across the globe.
Recognized as one of the best high schools in metro Atlanta, it is time for us to harness this momentum and take steps to evolve with the world our next generation will soon inherit.
Ring the Bells Capital Campaign Goal: $14.8 million
Please consider making your gift in support of the Ring the Bells Capital Campaign today.
Campus Overview of Areas of Improvement:
A Flourishing School Community
Campus-wide Security and the Seaver Family Sports Complex
Student well-being is the number one priority at St. Pius X, and we invest in ongoing efforts to maintain the highest levels of safety while preserving a familiar sense of home for our students.
Safety and security will anchor this phase of capital projects with secured front gates, directing visitors to one designated area to prevent unauthorized individuals from entering the heart of campus.
In 2008 and again in 2015, St. Pius X had rare opportunities to acquire land. The Pius community at that time left the legacy of a new sports complex including baseball and softball fields, a practice field, and additional parking for students on this expanded campus footprint. It's our opportunity now to complete this area of campus so that our students can flourish in these spaces.
Of note, increased lighting will allow for safe athletic play and navigation to parking areas beyond daylight hours. In addition, accessible restrooms for both athletes and guests will make the complex more functional, and a concession stand and press box complete this area of improvement.
- Three-step visitor access via new front entrance
- Front gates secured during school
- Attendance office relocated to front lobby
- Secured gates and signage at back of campus for gym
- Dedicated secure check-in for visitors and late arrivals
- Lights along Shallowford Parking Lot path to campus
- Field lights for evening and practice games
- Accessible restrooms for guests and athletes
- Press box and concession stand
Unscripted Learning Moments
Renovated Library & Media Center
While the heart of St. Pius X is our chapel, the hub of our school is the library. This 8,000-square-foot center for campus activity and fellowship is alive with the buzz of Golden Lions studying, debating, researching, and enjoying one another’s company—and it is now bursting at the seams.
A modernized library will reallocate more of the space to our students while retaining the essential functions of a library.
Flexible seating, a dedicated classroom, meeting spaces, and reduced stacks will create an environment that responds dynamically to student needs. The area can be reconfigured throughout the day for individuals and groups of varying size to use the space effectively, and technology will be integrated throughout so that our learners can always be plugged in.
- Reclaim 40 percent of space for student learning
- Multiple configurations for group work
- Reconfigured computer stations
- Improved access to courtyard
- Shortened stacks for better light and sight lines
- Larger event and meeting space
Victory of the Mind, Body, and Spirit
New Field House
New Field House
Physical education and athletics are an integral part of St. Pius X’s academic and spiritual mission. Each day, one third of our students take part in physical education and weight training classes, and more than two thirds of our student body are engaged in athletic programming every year.
The new Field House will nearly triple the amount of dedicated space for our students to grow through physical education and athletics. Building an additional athletics building allows the existing sports facilities in Donnellan Center to serve as the hub for several teams, while also providing a multi-purpose space that can be used for extracurricular programs, including robotics.
The Field House—to be located behind Maloof Stadium—will be home to dedicated locker rooms for multiple teams, an expanded weight training room, and a health and physical education classroom that doubles as a meeting space.
- More than 25,000 square feet
- Sport specific and physical education locker rooms with shared single-gender shower facilities
- Fully-equipped and accessible athletic training room
- Enlarged state-of-the-art weight training facility to serve nearly 100 students
- Dedicated health classroom, meeting, and film viewing space
- Coach’s offices
- Laundry facilities