Part-Time Library Assistant Opening
The Flannery O'Connor Library at St. Pius X Catholic High School is seeking a part-time library assistant beginning August 2018. The library assistant assumes responsibilities designated by the librarians to facilitate smooth operation and service thus enabling them to devote time to professional activities. The library assistant is trained in all aspects of library procedures and therefore able to supervise the library during the librarians' absence. The hours are five days, (25.5 hours) a week. This person will be responsible for closing the library at 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and until 3:30 p.m. on Friday. The right candidate will have the following qualities:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with office suite platforms (Google and Microsoft).
- Experience with library circulation software is a plus.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and technology.
- Comfortable working with computers, devices, peripheral connections, cameras, etc.
- Enjoys working with people, particularly teenagers.
- Self starter.
- Highly organized and motivated.
- Ability to stay focused while multitasking in a busy, sometimes noisy work environment.