- Blood Drive: Home and School representatives plans, coordinates and provides volunteers and funding for the day including providing food for all blood donors. The Blood Drive team also helps with scheduling and communication.
- Gala: Home and School provides a representative to the planning committee and helps with communication and funding.
- Speakers & Assemblies: Home and School is responsible for the funding and coordination of speaker and assembly events throughout the year. Recent speakers have addressed spiritual, ethical and legal issues relevant to today’s students and parents.
- Open House: The Home and School Activities Committee funds and acquires refreshments for the annual St. Pius X Catholic High School Open House for prospective students and their families.
- Faculty Christmas Party: Home and School representatives assist with decorations and dessert for this annual faculty event.
- Scholarship: Home and School funds an annual scholarship for a St. Pius X Catholic High School Student. The scholarship is awarded based on the same criteria as other need-based scholarships.
Events and Dates
Date 2023-24 Home & School Important Dates Aug 4 Freshman Orientation/New Parent Coffee in Cafeteria @ 7:30 AM Aug 7 First Day of School Aug 9 Home & School Meeting Aug 12 New Parent Mass/Dinner & Camp Golden Lion Aug 14 Fall Mini Class Night Aug 15 Honors Reception 8:40 AM Aug 22 Senior Parent Night Sept 6 H&S Meeting Sept 14 Junior Class Night Sept 21 Blood Drive Sept 22 Senior Breakfast/Senior Superlatives Oct 4 H&S Meeting Oct 24 Freshmen Parent Night October 30 Home & School Speaker Nov 5 Open House Nov 8 H&S Meeting Nov 10 Career Day Dec 9 Faculty/Staff Christmas Party Jan 10 H&S Meeting Jan 18 Virtual Spring Mini Class Night Jan 23 Sophomore Parent Night Jan 26 Honors Reception 8:00 AM Feb 7 H&S Meeting March 6 H&S Meeting March 21 Blood Drive March 27 Field Day April 10 H&S Meeting May 1 New Parent Reception May 8 H&S Meeting May 15 Graduation Practice /Senior Breakfast May 18 Graduation May 23 Last Day of School
BOARD OFFICERS & COMMITTEES NAME Principal Dr. Edye Simpson Co-Presidents Megan Drinan Past President Aimee Trupiano Secretary Maureen McAbee VP of Finance Bonnie Chandler VP of Communications Nicole Stephenson Activities Christie Nerbonne – VP of Activities Assemblies Teresa Ebbs– VP of Assemblies Freshman Class Reps Corcelles Capps
Sophomore Class Reps Stacie Granberry
Junior Class Reps Stephanie Tadros
Senior Class Reps Johnna Feild
Kimberly & Michael Neil
Families in Action
SPX FAMILY PLEDGE
The purpose of the St. Pius X Catholic High School (“SPX”) Family Pledge is to confirm a set of expectations among families regarding SPX student activities and parties in our homes. United in this Pledge, SPX families stand in solidarity with SPX as one community sending the consistent message that unlawful drinking and drug use is not tolerated at SPX or in our homes.
Georgia law states, in part, that it is illegal to sell, serve, or furnish alcoholic beverages to a person under 21 years of age and that it is illegal for a person under 21 years of age to purchase, knowingly possess or misrepresent his age in any manner for the purpose of obtaining alcoholic beverages. (O.C.G.A. Sec. 3-3-23)
- There will be no unlawful drug or alcohol use when SPX students are at my home.
- I will be present and visible throughout any party at my home or where I have sponsored an event when SPX students are present.
- If a teen brings alcohol or drugs into my home or my event or arrives under the influence of same, I will ask the teen to remain in my home and immediately notify the parents to request further instructions.
- I will welcome calls from other SPX parents who have concerns or questions about any activity or party involving SPX students being planned for or hosted at my home.
- I acknowledge that it is my duty and responsibility to contact the host family before granting permission for my SPX student to attend a party in someone else’s home if I have any questions about the party, including the nature of the party, who has been invited, and who will chaperone. I will feel free to volunteer to chaperone with the host parents.
- If I go out of town overnight and my SPX student will be at home, I will provide supervision through another responsible adult who will either stay with my SPX student overnight or provide the necessary supervision (including checking my home as often as necessary), making themselves available to my SPX student for all support as needed as if I were home.
- I acknowledge that SPX may take action according to school policy if it becomes aware of an incident involving an SPX student and the unlawful use of alcohol or drugs.
- All adult members of my household affirm this Pledge.
Community & Service
- Freshman Parent Coffee: Our freshman parents can enjoy morning coffee and light refreshments while their students attend orientation. This is a great opportunity to get to know other parents and learn about opportunities to engage with the larger St. Pius X Catholic High School community.
- Camp Golden Lion: Home and School supports this kick-off event by providing parent meals in the cafeteria.
- Parent Specific Class Nights: Home and School assists with communications and provides refreshment at these annual events where the administration, staff and faculty, of St. Pius X Catholic High School, offer content specifically targeted to each grade level.
- Mini-Class Night: Home and School provides support to the mini-class night sessions by coordinating volunteers, providing faculty and staff with dinner and snacks to parents during their “lunch” period.
- New Parent Night: Home and School volunteers serve as greeters and assist in the cafeteria as new parents have an opportunity to learn what they and their student can expect during their first year at St. Pius X Catholic High School.
- Field Day: This student focused, August activity is one of the first of the school year. Home and School funds the lunch and assists with volunteers on the day of the event.
- Career Day: Usually held in the Fall, Home and School secures appropriate representatives, from a variety of career fields, and presents the program for the students.
- Senior Breakfast: Held in the fall and spring (just prior to graduation) these events are funded and planned by Home and School Class Representatives (Senior in fall, Junior in spring) who serve as volunteers at the events.