***All Information is tentative at this point, see emails for most up to date information***
First summer practice date will be Monday, June 8th and the Final practice date will be Tuesday, August 4th. Mandatory practices begin on Thursday, August 6th.
Mileage - Runners will be expected to use a GPS device to log their runs on strava. Summer mileage schedules will be posted on the main page. Runners that are consistent enough with their training on Strava will receive a summer mileage shirt.
Strava - Runners will need to create an account on Strava. Once you create an account, go to the training tab at the top and click on "training log". I recommend that you keep your log marked as private. Then go to the explore tab at the top and click on "clubs" and search for the club "SPX Distance Running" and join the club. Once you do this all you need to do to keep up with your runs is bring a gps device that uploads your runs to strava automatically.
Schedule - This will be our practice schedule for most weeks. Times TBD.
- Mondays at Murphy Candler Park.
- Tuesdays at Chattahoochee River
- Wednesdays at Medlock Park
- Thursdays at Garrard Landing Park
- Fridays: run on your own.
- Saturday: Chattahoochee River.
No practice weeks
- June 28th - July 4th : GHSA dead week, no practices allowed but runners should still be running
- July 19th - 24th: team camp, all runners not at camp should still be running.
Directions to the Chattahoochee river:
- Take I-285W to Exit 22 New Northside Dr. Take a right off the exit ramp and go straight through the light. At the bottom of the hill there will be a birdge. Main parking is the first lot on the right after the bridge. Back up parking will be the lot before the bridge. Also, there is a charge of $3.00 if you are going to park there, or you can get a year round pass for $35. We will meet in the back up parking lot at 7:30.
Directions to Murphy Candler Park:
- Take I-285W to exit 29 Ashford Dunwoody road. Turn left to head south on Ashford Dunwoody. Drive a couple of miles and then turn left on W. Nancy Creek Drive. Take this rod for about a mile and you'll see a lake on the left. The meeting area is just past the lake with a small parking lot and overflow parking on the right.
Directions to Medlock Park:
- Take I-285 to exit 39A, US 78 W towards Decatur, Atlanta. Continue onto Lawrenceville Hwy. Turn right onto Harrington Dr. Turn left onto Wood Trail Ln. The entrance to the park is on your left.
Directions to Garrard Landing Park:
- Take I-285 to exit 31B, 141 North. Take the exit towards Winters Chapel Road and turn left onto Winters Chapel. Turn right onto Spalding Dr. Turn left onto River Exchange pkwy. Turn left onto Holcomb Bridge Rd. The entrance to the park is on your left after you cross the river.