Welcome to St. Pius X!
Thank you for choosing St. Pius X Catholic High School! Our students and their families are our community's greatest blessing. We are excited to walk alongside your child as he or she continues to grow in mind, body, and spirit.
This page contains the information and forms you need to register your new Golden Lion as well as resources that will be helpful as you prepare for the first day of school. Please bookmark and check back often for updates. This "Who To Contact With a Question" list should help you direct inquiries to the correct person; if you have questions about information on this page, please contact the Registrar, Karen Travers.
Information for Now
Course Placements Visible
Once logged in to PowerSchool (parents and/or students), click the Teacher Recommendations icon in the left menu bar. Students with multiple languages listed will be able to choose on registration night. For those interested in the different theology placements, this video from last year outlines the courses.
Placement Testing Registration
Students wishing to change levels in math, science, or world languages are required to take a placement test. No level changes will be made without placement testing. For English level changes, parents may request a file review from the department chairperson on registration night.
Information Sheet: Testing Summary and Dates
Attending registration night is optional; all are welcome, but we understand that this is a very busy time for our families and many of you are familiar with the process. Consequently, courses selection can be done online any time between 5:00 pm on Wednesday, April 24, and 8:00 am Friday, April 26.
An instructional email will be sent to the SPX accounts of all parents and students on Tuesday, April 23.
Help and Information Sheets
Your Student's Lion Leader
The Lion Leader program is designed to facilitate the new student's transition into the St. Pius community. As a Pius “Cub” students will be matched with a senior or junior leader who will introduce them to our campus and answer questions they may have as they begin their journey toward academic, social and personal success as a Golden Lion. Students will be emailed a short survey just before Registration Night to help their Lion Leaders learn a bit about them before they meet. Transfer students will also be matched with a leader.
Registration Night for incoming upperclass students is Thursday, April 25, at 6:30 pm. At that time, students will meet with a counselor to review prior courses, appropriate placement at St. Pius, and preferred electives.
Dates to Know
Ways to Stay Informed
1. This webpage — from now through summer this page will be updated with information you need to know and answers to frequently asked questions as we approach the first day of school. Please check back often.
2. Your SPX email — this is the official means of communication from the school and teachers. You will be added to the appropriate parent and school-wide distribution lists.
3. eSpiritus — a weekly newsletter emailed each Monday with the events and information you need to know for the coming week.
4. PowerSchool Parent Portal — this is the site for student schedules, grades/report cards, attendance, discipline, course registration, and enrollment. You can also configure your account to email progress reports to you on a regular schedule.
5. PS Learning — once school starts you will have access to your student's individual class websites as well as the online school directory and other campus organizations such as the Library, Campus Ministry, the Deans' pages, and more.
6. SPX Social Media
7. The St. Pius X website — has important reminders, upcoming events, quick links to system logins and parent organizations, and the school calendar.
8. The Golden Lines — the online student news site of St. Pius X Catholic High School.