Strong Libraries Build Strong Students
The Flannery O’Connor Library Media Program ensures that all students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. Our programs and services are centered on 21st century information literacy that fosters active and authentic learning.
2017 / 2018 Facts:
- Two full-time certified Library Media Specialists and two assistants
- 15,000 print and AV titles
- 250,000+ Ebook and audiobook titles
- 40+ subscription databases (access to academic journals, magazines, newspapers, etc.)
- 62,000 items circulated
- 600 classes visited the library
- 48,000 individual visits to the physical library
- 73,170 individual visits to the virtual library
Our Library Team provides:
- intellectual and physical access to materials in all formats
- instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading and using information and ideas
- collaborative instruction with teachers to design learning strategies that meet the needs of every student.
Library hours are Monday - Thursday 7:15 am - 4:30 pm and Friday 8:30 am - 3:30 pm. Our online sources are available 24/7.