Yearbook Senior Parent Ad Information
If you are interested in purchasing a senior parent ad in the 2021 yearbook, please read these detailed instructions. The deadline is Tuesday, October 20.
- Provide the skills needed to work individually and collaboratively to produce publications that represent and model teachings of the Catholic Church as well as reflect the culture and identity of St. Pius X
- Establish a peer-led learning environment where students take personal and collective ownership of their work
- Foster an atmosphere that enhances critical thinking, creativity, confidence, and curiosity
- Teach effective communication for multiple platforms and purposes
- Strive to make real-world connections between course material and current events
- Encourage greater consumption of quality media sources and develop students’ abilities to evaluate the media for accuracy, authenticity, and fairness
- Help students understand the important role that the media plays in our everyday lives
The St. Pius X Catholic High School Journalism Department believes strongly in teaching students the importance of media literacy and helping them recognize the powerful impact that journalism, in all of its forms, has on their everyday lives. As practicing Catholics and conscientious citizens, we have an obligation to be responsible consumers and distributors of public information. Consequently, the department focuses on giving students opportunities to be readers, writers, editors, photographers, designers, and publishers so they can gain the knowledge and skills they need to have a lifelong appreciation for the field of journalism.
The St. Pius X literary-art magazine, "Carpe Diem," is a student-produced publication featuring photography, artwork, poetry, and prose from the student body.
The "Golden Lines" student newspaper staff provides timely coverage of school events on our newspaper website, spxgoldenlines.com. The staff also publishes several hard copy issues throughout the school year. Below you can access issues from the past five years, with the exception of our annual April Fool's Day editions.
2017-2018 School Year:
- Issue 6 May 2018
- Issue 4 February 2018
- Issue 3 December 2017
- Issue 2 November 2017
- Issue 1 October 2017
2016-2017 School Year
- Issue 6 May 2017
- Issue 4 February 2017
- Issue 3 December 2016
- Issue 2 November 2016
- Issue 1 September 2016
2015-2016 School Year
- Issue 6 May 2016
- Issue 4 February 2016
- Issue 3 December 2015
- Issue 2 October 2015
- Issue 1 September 2015
The "Golden Echoes" yearbook staff works throughout the year to create a publication that proudly showcases our school community and captures the Golden Lion spirit that defines St. Pius X.