Georgia United Credit Union Scholarships for High School Seniors, Application Deadline is February 28, 2019. Visit GUCU.org/scholarships.
Colleges That Change Lives Scholarship. $1000 scholarships will be awarded to students who matriculate at a CTCL-member college or university. The application may be found on their website: www.ctcl.org
Georgia Tech Scholarship Offering for DeKalb Residents. Applications can be accessed at www.gtalumni.org/scholarships
Sun Trust Scholarship Sweepstakes. Enter now at: suntrusteducation.com/scholarshipsweepstakes for a chance to win a $500 scholarship.
Leadership/Intern Programs/Employment Opportunities
Part-time position at Ninth Inning Baseball, located in Chamblee. Contact Wes Borden at 678-691-5917 or Wes@ninthinningbaseball.com
Chick-fil-A North Decatur is hiring. Apply online at cfanorthdecatur.com/apply
Top Pitfalls of Freshman Year
- Not taking 9th grade academics seriously/believing freshman year doesn't really count and you can make up for it later - GPA foundation
- Not getting involved in something/no extracurricular activities
- Not taking risk to forge relationships with classmates/waiting for others to approach you
- Not forging relationships with important adults in your life
- Not thinking about the future (more than tomorrow or next week!)
- Getting behind in assignments--homework or makeup work from absences multiply quickly!
- Not asking for help (classmates, Lion Leaders, teachers, counselors, administrators)
- Engaging in risky behavior
- Limiting yourself to one group or clique