- ← Back to Academics
- ← Back to Departments
- Develop an appreciation for physical activity, which results in improved physical development, improved health, and a long lasting self-concept.
- Develop a proficiency in the area of motor learning as it pertains to everyday life.
- Develop a cognitive understanding of the health-related fitness components of cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength, muscular endurance, flexibility, and body composition.
- Develop a physical understanding of aerobic and anaerobic activities.
- Participate in activities while demonstrating cooperative behavior and sportsmanship while working with and competing with others.
- Create an environment, which is conducive to success for the individual thus creating greater self-esteem.
- Develop an understanding of Catholic beliefs as it pertains to health and physical education.
- Develop an understanding of first aid and safety.