- ← Back to Academics
- ← Back to Departments
- Ensure that students have the prerequisite skills necessary for successful completion of future college-level mathematics courses they may wish to pursue.
- Expose students to a rich variety of problem-solving techniques and strategies including the appropriate use of technology.
- Teach students to effectively communicate mathematical ideas and concepts in a clear and organized fashion.
- Help students discover their own best learning styles as applicable to mathematics and assist teachers to incorporate instructional techniques that facilitate these learning styles in their classrooms.
- Use technology to enhance students' understanding of mathematical concepts.
- Illustrate how mathematics can be used in everyday life and how it relates to other disciplines.
- Develop a sense of interest and curiosity that will encourage students to become life long learners of mathematics.