- ← Back to Parents
- Home & School Association
Home & School Association News
Home & School Association Presents Rachel's Challenge on 3/7
March 2nd, 2012
The Home & School Association is proud to present Rachel’s Challenge on March 7, 2012. Rachel Scott was the first person killed at Columbine High School on April 20, 1999. Her acts of kindness and compassion coupled with the contents of her six diaries have become the foundation for one of the most life-changing school programs in America-Rachel’s Challenge. The mission of Rachel’s Challenge is simply stated: We exist to inspire, equip and empower every person to create a permanent positive culture change in their school, business and community by starting a chain reaction of kindness and compassion.
Rachel’s Challenge Objectives for Schools:
• Create a safe learning environment for all students by re-establishing civility and delivering proactive anecdotes to school violence and bullying.
• Improve academic achievement by engaging students' hearts, heads and hands in the learning process.
• Provide students with social/emotional education that is both colorblind and culturally relevant.
• Train adults to inspire, equip and empower students to affect permanent positive change.
We are very excited to have Rachel’s Challenge scheduled for the students and look forward to a moving and impactful presentation on March 7 from 9:25 to 10:20 a.m. Parents are invited to join us for the assembly.