- ← Back to Academics
- ← Back to Departments
- To stimulate a lifelong engagement with reading as a source of learning and joy.
- To develop the moral imagination of students through literature and composition.
- To help students appreciate the value of reading as a way to explore another's world without necessarily endorsing it.
- To integrate students' emotional, intellectual, and spiritual ways of knowing as a way to effect personal change and thus societal change.
- To develop the unique gifts of each other.
- To help students learn to use language effectively, appropriately, and responsibly.
- To help students expand their spiritual growth, intellectual development, aesthetic appreciation, critical thinking, creativity, self-direction.