- ← Back to Arts
- Band Disney Trips
- Lion's Den Marching Invitational
- Lion's Den Contest Entry Form / Rules & Regulations
- Lions Den Contest Results
- Lion's Den Contest Judges
- Lions Den Contest Stadium Photos
- Director's Award for Band Winners
- John Phillip Sousa Award Winners
- Band Fundamentals Course
- Basketball Band
- Concert Band / Concert Jazz Band Courses
- Flagline / Color Guard
- Guest Artists / Television Appearances
- Ireland Trip Photos
- Jam Band
- Marching Band & Concert Band Awards
- Marching Band Winds & Percussion Courses
- Middle School Band Night
- Symphonic Band Course
- Video Links
- Youth Honor Band
- News Available
- Upcoming Events
Students Selected for District IV Honor Band
January 7th, 2015
Congratulations to Megan Anandappa ’17, Nicholas Glenister ‘17, and Matteo DeLurgio ‘16 who were selected for this year’s District IV Honor Band.
Megan Anandappa, a second year band member, is a flute member for the award winning Marching Golden Lions who also participates in Music Ministry. She was awarded seventh chair placement for the District IV Honor Band event, which will take place at Stephenson High School.
Nicholas Glenister is also a second year band member and plays clarinet for the Marching Golden Lions. For the recent "Celtic Images" show, he also performed on the bagpipes. This is the second time Nicholas has been selected to participate at the District Honor Band event (he was selected in 8th grade also).
Matteo DeLurgio is a third year member of the Marching Golden Lions X drumline. He received the second highest score among his junior and senior competitors during his first round All-State audition. As a result of this, Matteo was selected as the second chair percussionist for the district event. If selected for All-State Band, he will be the first percussionist to represent St. Pius X at All-State.
Congratulations and best of luck to Matteo as he strives for All-State honors!