- Academics Overview
- PowerSchool Log In
- Graduation Requirements
- Transcript Requests
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
- Academics Summer Camps
- SAT Prep Class
- Student Handbook
- News Available
- All Upcoming Events
- Awards and Accolades
- Course Catalog
- Summer Enrichment Courses
Part-Library Assistant Needed
April 28th, 2017
The Flannery O’Connor Library at St. Pius X Catholic High School is seeking a part-time library assistant beginning August 2017. The library assistant assumes responsibilities designated by the librarians to facilitate smooth operation and service thus enabling them to devote time to professional activities. The library assistant is trained in all aspects of library procedures and therefore able to supervise the library during the librarians’ absence. The hours are flexible; four days (25 hours) a week. This person shares the responsibility of opening and closing the library with the other assistant. The right candidate will have the following qualities:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with office suite platforms (Google and Microsoft).
- Experience with library circulation software is a plus.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and technology.
- Comfortable working with computers, devices, peripheral connections, cameras etc.
- Enjoys working with people, particularly teenagers.
- Self starter.
- Highly organized and motivated.
- Ability to stay focused while multitasking in a busy, sometimes noisy work environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours with the other library assistant.
For more information please contact Robin Tanis, Head Librarian at email@example.com Resumes and applications should be sent to Marsha Free at firstname.lastname@example.org.