- Academics Overview
- PowerSchool Log In
- Graduation Requirements
- Transcript Requests
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
- SAT Prep Class
- Student Handbook
- News Available
- All Upcoming Events
- Awards and Accolades
- Course Catalog
- Summer Enrichment Courses
Final Exam Reminders for Parents
May 15th, 2013
Final Exams will take place Monday, May 20 through Wednesday, May 22. Please read the following information carefully. Thank you for your cooperation.
• Students may not have on their person any cell phone, MP3 player, camera, or any other electronic device of any kind during exam hours (7:55 a.m. until 11:45 a.m.).
• Calculators may only be used on mathematics and/or science exams as noted by the teacher. Calculators will not be allowed at any other time and are considered to be an "electronic device" as noted in this explanation.
• Cell phones must remain turned off and in a locker from 7:55 a.m. until 11:45 a.m. If, at any time, a cell phone or other electronic device is seen or suspected of being on a person it will be confiscated, inspected and held by administration until the last school exam is completed on Wednesday, May 23, at which time a parent may pick up the phone (or electronic device) in the discipline office from 11:45 a.m. until 12:30 p.m.
Please note that this policy is in effect for all students including those students who do not have an exam and must wait on campus between the hours of 7:55 a.m. and 11:45 a.m. They may not have any electronics on their person. This procedure is in keeping with national testing procedures with Educational Testing Service (SATs and AP exams in particular).
**It is very important to note that students who are waiting for a ride between 7:55 a.m. and 11:45 a.m. will NOT be able to accept a cell phone call from a parent to notify the student of a parent’s arrival on campus. Please arrange for a specific pick-up location in advance and then stick to it. Students who need to reach a parent by telephone are instructed to come to the Dean of Students office to use the phone to call home. Parents who need to reach a student during exam time are to call the office so that a message can be delivered to a student.