- ← Back to Athletics
- ← Back to Spring Sports
St. Pius X Golden Lions
Off Season Conditioning
UPDATED June, 2016
ALL Athletes not currently in a sport are expected to maintain physical condition through weight lifting and cardiovascular training. All returning Track and Field Athletes should be conditioned and ready to learn skills and hone techniques when the season starts in January; basic conditioning should be completed by then.
- All GIRLS may report to the Stadium for general workouts with other athletes every Tuesday and Thursday, led by Coach Eaglen. These workouts run from 7:15-8:30 AM.
- All BOYS may join Coach Eaglen for workouts on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, but due to the fact that the Football Team has first use of the stadium facilities, times vary based on their schedule. Therefore, interested athletes should email Coach Eaglen the week before they plan on attending workouts to get the most up-to-date and accurate schedule.
CONDITIONING TRACKING AND INCENTIVES:
- All Athletes should note their weight lifting and cardiovascular progress on the Track and Field Conditioning Tracker Sheet linked below. Pay attention to the instructions on the first tab provided by Coach Stilson, or the Sheet will not work properly. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LUlBiDZ9VjgIxVjlL2Qfm0eDmEuWUGlJFuz_Y2ZgASU/edit?usp=sharing
- For those athletes who hit the following milestones, Coach McClay will reward you with shirts at the beginning of the 2017 Track and Field Season:
- 100,000 Pound Club (for girls ONLY)
- 250,000 Pound Club
- 500,000 Pound Club
- 750,000 Pound Club
- Million-Pound Club
See the 2016 Shirt below for an idea of what YOU can earn!