- ← Back to Parents
- Mothers' Club
What We Do & When
WELCOME! It is another exciting year for St. Pius X and we are so delighted that the Mothers’ Club is part of it! We invite every mom to join us. The time commitment can be as large or as small as your life allows and you can pick the activities that interest you and fit your schedule. We look forward to a faith-filled, service-oriented, fun year. We hope that you will be there with us.
We invite all moms to join the Mothers’ Club, to meet other moms and connect with the St. Pius community. Your membership fee is used to help fund our service projects and activities.
Student Assistance: Mothers’ Club funds are used to contribute to the scholarship programs administered by the Development Office. In addition, funds are made available for the Dean of Students to use at her discretion for students in need.
- MOTHERS' CLUB SERVICE PROJECT MARATHON - Moms and Students are invited to work together on Saturday, February 6, 2016 9:00 -11:30 with a pizza lunch until 12:30 on the following service projects:
- Toiletries for the Homeless: Students prepare several hundred toiletry packets for the St. Vincent de Paul Society to distribute at homeless shelters.
- Pillows for Pam: Students sew hand-made pillows to breast cancer patients at Georgia Cancer Foundation. The pillow is used to supoort the patient's arm or under a seatbelt.
- Project Snuggle Bug: Students make hand-tied fleece blankets for children who are seriously ill, traumatized or otherwise in need.
- St. Jude Greeting Card Program: Students will cut and sort cards collected from the SPX Community and send them to the St. Jude Ranch for Children to turn into new cards that they can sell.
- SUNSHINE/SYMPATHY: Members of this committee coordinate assistance and support for those who need to be remembered (get well, sympathy, congratulations).
- DRESDEN SCHOOL PARTNERSHIP:
- Dresden Christmas Gifts: Christmas gifts are provided to families in need. Coordinated in conjunction with Campus Ministry. December 1 - December 7, 2015
- Dresden School Supply/Book Drive: Mothers’ Club collects school supplies to help stock the teachers' closets. Used books are collected to allow the children to build a home library. February 22 to March 17, 2016
- Dresden Teacher Lunch: Twice a year, Mothers' Club hosts a lunch at Dresden Elementary School to show appreciation for these teachers’ dedication and hard work. November 5, 2015 & April 13, 2016
- Dresden Teacher Coffee: Twice a year, at Dresden Elementary School to build community. September 17, 2015 & February 18, 2016
- Faculty Appreciation Gifts: Mothers’ Club provides gifts to each faculty and staff member to kick off the new school year and for Christmas.
- Faculty Birthday Cakes: The Mothers’ Club provides a birthday cake for each faculty and staff member.
- Faculty Appreciation Lunch: Lunch is served buffet style for the faculty and staff on the afternoon that students are dismissed early for the PSAT. October 14, 2015
- Faculty Christmas Party: Volunteers from the four parent organizations help the Development Office host the faculty/staff Christmas party. December 5, 2015
- Faculty Valentine's Treats: The Mothers’ Club lays out special treats in the faculty dining room on Valentine’s Day. February 9, 2016
- Mothers' Prayer Group: This group provides uniform prayer support for the students, faculty and staff of the St. Pius community monthly at 8:15am on the following Wednesdays:
08/19/15, 09/16/15, 10/18/15, 12/16/15, 01/20/16, 02/17/16, 03/16/16, 04/20/16, 05/11/16
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament: This group coordinates Adoration each Friday in the Chapel. Guardians are sought for one-hour time slots between 8:00am and 3:00pm, beginning September 4, 2015.
- Mothers’ Annual Retreat: All moms are invited to attend this day of reflection and spiritual growth. This program will have a theme and a guest speaker. We conclude with the opportunity for reconciliation. February 20, 2016 from 8 am -12:00 and then lunch
- Advent by Candlelight: All moms are invited to attend this wonderful evening filled with social and spirituality. A truly wonderful way to begin the advent season!!! December 1, 2015 at 7pm
- Holiday Marketplace: This major fundraiser combines artisan vendors, bake sale, raffle, lunch and other activities to kick off the holiday season. Many volunteers are needed. Saturday, November 21, 2015 9-3pm
- Used Uniforms: Collecting and organizing used uniforms for resale at the Roar Store is a tremendous service to the St. Pius community. Any assistance in containing costs is much appreciated by parents.
- Campus Beautification: This committee strives to make sure the grounds of St. Pius are groomed consistently. Physical appearance has an important impact on mental sharpness and spiritual growth.
- Hospitality: Mothers’ Club assists the administration by hosting the Principal’s List/Dean’s List Receptions, Freshman Registration and provides refreshments at meetings throughout the year.
- Sorority Recommendation Letters: Help senior girls planning to participate in college sorority rush.
- Alumni Relations: Many moms continue to be involved in the St. Pius community after their children have graduated. They help us in our fundraising and service projects.