- ← Back to Athletics
- ← Back to Fall Sports
St. Pius X Golden Lions
Girls' Cross Country
Updated 16 Sept 2014
Atlanta Classic Invitational: Clinton Nature Preserve
Parking: $5 per vehicle
Directions to Clinton Nature Preserve: Take I-20 to Post Road (Exit 30). Go south about 1 mile to Ephesus Church Rd. Right on Ephesus Church Rd. and Clinton Nature Preserve will be about 1 and 1/2 miles on the right.
8:45 Girls Championship
9:30 Girls JV Black
*Tuesday 30 September practice will begin at 4:30pm on the track. (in service day for teachers)
*No XC Practice 15 October PSAT Test
2014 Season Practice
· Mandatory every day from 3:30 - 5:45; some days might be shorter, but runners should make sure their schedules allow for the entire practice.
o Runners should not leave practice early.
o If runner is absent from school or leaves school early because of illness, she must email all of the coaches to inform them. It is not OK to tell a teammate and have them tell the coaches.
· For practices off campus (Murphy Candler, Mercer), we will use buses for those students who cannot drive. Parents will pick up students at SPX.
· If a runner misses practice, she will not run in the upcoming race
· If a runner is injured, she should continue to attend practice and participate as she can (i.e. stretching, ab workout, helping coaches & managers with timed runs)
· We will not be making allowances for other sports or activities a student participates in outside of school. Runners must be committed to the cross country program from August (June) until mid-November. Runners should not use other running coaches during the season.
· All runners are expected to participate in every meet. Meet schedule will be completed by mid-June.
· Students may not drive themselves to meets, but may ride with parents or other families
· We will take one team bus to each meet for those who need a ride
· Helps with communications between coaches and families
· Each runner and parent not already receiving email from Julie Braxton (firstname.lastname@example.org) should email her so that you can be added to the list serve.
Contact: email@example.com Updated 16 Sept 2014