- ← Back to Athletics
- ← Back to Fall Sports
St. Pius X Golden Lions
Girls' Cross Country
State Champions: 1997, 2009, 2012
State Runner-Up: 1979, 1980, 1981, 1983, 1984, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2011, 2013, 2014
2014 AAAA State Runners-Up
2014 Girls Cross Country Team
State Meet at Carrollton Elementary School Saturday 8 November at 11:15am
2014 Season Practice
· Mandatory every day from 3:30 - 5:45; some days might be shorter, but runners should make sure their schedules allow for the entire practice.
o Runners should not leave practice early.
o If runner is absent from school or leaves school early because of illness, she must email all of the coaches to inform them. It is not OK to tell a teammate and have them tell the coaches.
· For practices off campus (Murphy Candler, Mercer), we will use buses for those students who cannot drive. Parents will pick up students at SPX.
· If a runner misses practice, she will not run in the upcoming race
· If a runner is injured, she should continue to attend practice and participate as she can (i.e. stretching, ab workout, helping coaches & managers with timed runs)
· We will not be making allowances for other sports or activities a student participates in outside of school. Runners must be committed to the cross country program from August (June) until mid-November. Runners should not use other running coaches during the season.
· All runners are expected to participate in every meet. Meet schedule will be completed by mid-June.
· Students may not drive themselves to meets, but may ride with parents or other families
· We will take one team bus to each meet for those who need a ride
· Helps with communications between coaches and families
· Each runner and parent not already receiving email from Julie Braxton (firstname.lastname@example.org) should email her so that you can be added to the list serve.
Contact: email@example.com Updated 15 October 2014