- ← Back to Athletics
- ← Back to Fall Sports
St. Pius X Golden Lions
Girls' Cross Country
Updated 23 July 2014
Team Work Day at Mercer – August 2
Dear Parents and Students,
We will be having a workday on our home practice trail (Mercer) on Saturday August 2nd. I hope everyone will be able to attend and help us fix up our course to make it safe for all our runners. We will be putting down wood chips in our worst runoff areas while also clearing roots and marking the trail. The items we would like you to bring are a pick ax, maddox, bow rake, pitch fork, wheelbarrow, and anything else you think might help. The workday starts at 7:30am on Saturday August 2nd and I hope we will be done no later than noon. If you can't make it on Saturday, I am also going to be working on the trail on Friday August 1st.
P.S. To find the work area go to the east entrance of Mercer University (3001 Mercer University Dr. Atlanta Ga 30341) and you will see work area.
Team Pictures – Saturday, August 9 at 7:00 am PLEASE ARRIVE AT 630AM for uniform distribution for pictures. Seniors are to bring their parents for the senior photos for the Fall Sports Program!
Fall Sports Info Night is Sunday, August 10, at 7:00pm. Plan to attend parents and runners need to be there!
First XC Meet – August 23 Bob Blastow Invitational
· Mandatory every day from 3:30 - 5:45; some days might be shorter, but runners should make sure their schedules allow for the entire practice.
o Runners should not leave practice early.
o If runner is absent from school or leaves school early because of illness, she must email all of the coaches to inform them. It is not OK to tell a teammate and have them tell the coaches.
· For practices off campus (Murphy Candler, Mercer), we will use buses for those students who cannot drive. Parents will pick up students at SPX.
· If a runner misses practice, she will not run in the upcoming race
· If a runner is injured, she should continue to attend practice and participate as she can (i.e. stretching, ab workout, helping coaches & managers with timed runs)
· We will not be making allowances for other sports or activities a student participates in outside of school. Runners must be committed to the cross country program from August (June) until mid-November. Runners should not use other running coaches during the season.
· All runners are expected to participate in every meet. Meet schedule will be completed by mid-June.
· Students may not drive themselves to meets, but may ride with parents or other families
· We will take one team bus to each meet for those who need a ride
· Helps with communications between coaches and families
· Each runner and parent not already receiving email from Julie Braxton should email her so that you can be added to the list serve.
XC PRACTICE SCHEDULE
*Strength and Conditioning Begins 3 June and ends (last day) is 31 July.
*Aug 4 Monday at Mercer U at 7:30am
*Aug 5 Tuesday MC Park at 6pm
*Aug 6-7 Runners will run 3-6 miles easy on their own.
*Friday Aug 8 1st day of classes: On track. MANDATORY Practices after school 3:30-5:45pm Monday-Friday. Remember no practice=no race!
Contact: email@example.com Updated 23 July 2014