- ← Back to Athletics
- ← Back to Fall Sports
St. Pius X Golden Lions
Girls' Cross Country
Updated 15 October 2014
Race Times for Coach Wood Nike Invitational (Gainesville, GA)
SPX Bus to Gainesville leaves at 830am from Pius.
JV Girls Blue Race 11:10am OPEN RACE (all others NOT in Gold Races below)
Varsity Girls Gold Race (top 10) 12:30pm Race Assignments to be announced Thursday: Entrekin, Glenn, Lennon, Pyden, Braxton, Grace, O'Brien, Hathaway, Ceniza and Tardy,
JV Girls Gold Race (next 10) 1:50pm Race Assignments to be announced Thursday: Cozart, Jackson, Paproski, Huff, Trainor, Schwabb, Hardin, Washburn, Martin and Anderton.
2014 Season Practice
· Mandatory every day from 3:30 - 5:45; some days might be shorter, but runners should make sure their schedules allow for the entire practice.
o Runners should not leave practice early.
o If runner is absent from school or leaves school early because of illness, she must email all of the coaches to inform them. It is not OK to tell a teammate and have them tell the coaches.
· For practices off campus (Murphy Candler, Mercer), we will use buses for those students who cannot drive. Parents will pick up students at SPX.
· If a runner misses practice, she will not run in the upcoming race
· If a runner is injured, she should continue to attend practice and participate as she can (i.e. stretching, ab workout, helping coaches & managers with timed runs)
· We will not be making allowances for other sports or activities a student participates in outside of school. Runners must be committed to the cross country program from August (June) until mid-November. Runners should not use other running coaches during the season.
· All runners are expected to participate in every meet. Meet schedule will be completed by mid-June.
· Students may not drive themselves to meets, but may ride with parents or other families
· We will take one team bus to each meet for those who need a ride
· Helps with communications between coaches and families
· Each runner and parent not already receiving email from Julie Braxton (email@example.com) should email her so that you can be added to the list serve.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Updated 15 October 2014