- ← Back to Academics
- ← Back to Departments
Extra Help / Tutors
At St. Pius we are readily available to help students both before and after school. We encourage your children to set an appointment with their teachers should they fall behind in class.
If it is necessary to use an outside tutor, the teachers will make that recommendation to you on a case by case basis.
Here are some resources for extra help:
1. Regular Office Hours - On a normal school day, teachers are available from 7:30-8 am and 3:-3:30pm.
2. Coaches - If a coach needs to leave early and cannot tutor on a specific day, we encourage students to seek help from other teachers within the department. Any teacher is willing to help! Just ask!
3. NHS - The National Honor Society offers student tutors for each foreign language. Mrs. Espinosa is the NHS contact person.
4. Study Support - With advanced notice, a teacher can help students (even those that don't have the Study Support class) with Foreign Language during his/her lunch or SS class.
5. Haiku - Check your teacher's Haiku page for a list of additional web resources and ways to practice at home.