- ← Back to Athletics
- ← Back to Winter Sports
St. Pius X Golden Lions
Dance Team Announcements
On behalf of the SPX Varsity Dance Team coaching staff, I’d like to invite you to participate in our early auditions, which will be held Tuesday, May 5 through Friday, May 8 in the SPX Dance Studio from 3:30-4:45 pm.
The Varsity Dance Team performs during halftime of all boys’ and girls’ Varsity Basketball home games. We also sometimes perform at additional events, such as this year’s Atlanta Hawks pre-game show. The team performs jazz, street jazz, and hip-hop routines that are choreographed specifically for our team; all music is customized as well.
Current Dance Team members will conduct the audition and teach you part of our routines from this past season. The actual audition is on Friday, but you’ll learn the choreography and skill work you need during Tuesday through Thursday’s practices.
We’ll go through everything you’ll need to know during tryouts next week.
Tryout requirements for all students:
- Form-fitting clothing (no midriff-baring tops) such as leotards, tank tops, tights, dance shorts, etc. that allows the coaches to see your movement
- Hair secured and pulled back from the face
- Only small stud or hoop earrings are allowed; otherwise, no jewelry or watches may be worn.
- Jazz shoes (preferably), foot thongs, ballet slippers, or other appropriate dance shoes. You are not allowed to practice in socks or barefoot.
- A big smile! :)
- Weekly VDT practice schedule:
--Tuesdays and Thursdays: 3:30-5:00 in the dance studio
--Fridays: 7:00-8:15 am in the basketball gym OR dance studio (based upon availability/game schedules)
- MANDATORY WEEKEND DANCE CAMP FOR ALL 2015-2016 VDT MEMBERS will be held the weekend of September 18-20 at SPX. We will stay at the Marriott Evergreen resort in Stone Mountain on Saturday evening.
- Kodak Moments: please send your team pictures to Coach Dent!