- ← Back to Academics
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Now is the time to look into a summer program! Click on the SUMMER PROGRAMS link to the left to see the many options we have listed.
Center for Character Ethics 2017 Student of Integrity of Scholarships. Applications are due February 5, 2017. This scholarship requires and an essay and a transcript. Please see Mrs. Udell in the Counseling office for details or email email@example.com
Georgia United Credit Union's 2017 Scholarship Competition. For information and the online application, please visit: gucu.org/scholarships or call 770-476-6400 x-6770. Deadline is February 28, 2017.
APCA (Asian Pacific Islanders for Professional and Community Advancement) Scholarship. For information and the application may be found at: http://apca-att.org/scholarships. Applications are due January 31, 2017.
Abbott and Fenner Scholarship Program: Deadline is June 12, 2017 - Application process: Students will submit an essay on the topic that appears on the scholarship page of their website: http://www.abbottandfenner.com/scholarshipt.htm
Church's Chicken Scholars Program. Application is online: www.scholarsapply.org/churchsscholars Deadline is 2/15/2017
Georgia Tech Scholarship Offering for DeKalb Residents. Applications can be accessed at www.gtalumni.org/scholarships
The Thomas Wolfe Scholarship of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Students must apply to both the university and the scholarship to be considered. Visit http://englishcomplit.unc.edu/creative/scholarship/tws for more information.
Sun Trust Scholarship Sweepstakes. Enter now at: suntrusteducation.com/scholarshipsweepstakes for a chance to win a $500 scholarship.
LEADERSHIP PROGRAM: Mary Ann Remick Leadership Program at the University of Notre Dame. Please visit the following link for information: https://ace.nd.edu/leadership/
Interested in learning more about a Gap Year? There will be a presentation at Pace Academy on February 14, 2017, 6-8:30 PM. For additional information and to pre-register, visit www.usagapyearfairs.org
Female students interested in STEM majors are invited to attend SCIENTISTA on Monday, February 20, 2017, 8:30 AM to 3:15 PM, Kennesaw State University-Marietta Campus. For more information, please call 470-578-6500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Top Pitfalls of Freshman Year
- Not taking 9th grade academics seriously/believing freshman year doesn't really count and you can make up for it later - GPA foundation
- Not getting involved in something/no extracurricular activities
- Not taking risk to forge relationships with classmates/waiting for others to approach you
- Not forging relationships with important adults in your life
- Not thinking about the future (more than tomorrow or next week!)
- Getting behind in assignments--homework or makeup work from absences multiply quickly!
- Not asking for help (classmates, Lion Leaders, teachers, counselors, administrators)
- Engaging in risky behavior
- Limiting yourself to one group or clique